Are you a looking for simple and powerful video editing software with plenty of transitions effects and filters? Filmora video editing software is the right choice for you to be artistic and create your own story….
Filmora video Editor (Previously named Wondershare Video editor) is popular non-linear video editing software with bright user interface and fully stacked feature set with colourful filters, speed control, music library and super cool transition effects. It gives you flexibility to edit your video clips in any fashion and add custom sounds to it. It’s a user-friendly application with simple drag and drop interface and is suitable for casual video editors with very less experience or technical knowledge. Anyone can learn to use this software, irrespective of their skill level and end results will look fantastic. This software has all the features required for you to make high-quality videos along with sound effects.
There are more than 100 visual effects available along with speed control feature with time lapse and slow motion support. You can add your own text and titles to the video clips and the app also supports animated text with various effects. There is an in-built music library with option to add your own custom music tracks and sound effects. You can also have custom background colours and option to make green screen and much more. The overlays and filters are designed to give a professional finish to your video and they keep adding new effects every month in the Filmora Effect Store.
In order to install and use this video editor in your PC or laptop, the minimum hardware requirements are listed below,
Supported OS: Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 (64 bit OS recommended)
Processor: Intel or AMD processor, 2GHz or above
RAM: At least 2GB physical RAM (8GB required for HD and 4K videos)
Tech Specifications of Filmora for Windows (Or for Mac here)
|Supported Input Formats|
|Video Formats||AVI, DV, DIF, NUT, H261, H264, NSV, FLV, MKV, MP4, M4V, PSP, 3GP, MOV, MPG, MPEG, VOB, DAT, EVO, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, WMV, ASF, DVR-MS|
|Audio Formats||AAC, AC3, APE, AIF, AIFF, FLAC, APE, CUE, AU, AMR, OGG, WAV, DPE, MKA, M4V, M4A, MPA, MP2, MP3, RA, WMA|
|Photo Formats||JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, JPE, GIF, DIB, JFIF, TIF, TIFF|
|Supported Output Formats|
|Common Video/Audio||WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, MP4 Video(AVC), MP4 Video(Xvid), MP4 Video(MC), ASF, M4V, Xvid, DV, MPEG-1 NTSC, MPEG-1 PAL, MPEG-1 SECAM, MPEG-2 NTSC, MPEG-2 PAL, MPEG-2 SECAM, DVD-Video NTSC, DVD-Video PAL, HTML5, DVD-Video SECAM, MP3|
|HD Video||TS, TRP, AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, MOV|
|DVD||DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO image file|
|Devices||· iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5 C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus |
· iPod nano, iPod touch, iPod classic
· iPad, iPad 2
· HTC, Galaxy S II
· PSP, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Zune, Zen, Archos
List of Features:
The App allows users to edit and export ultra-high definition videos at resolutions of up to 4K.
- Easy option to remove unwanted background noise. You can also reverse your clips and play them backwards.
- Social import feature which allows users to import photos and clips directly from Facebook or other social media platforms. You can also import, edit and export .GIF files.
- Speed control feature with time lapse support. You can make your clips play in slow motion or up to 10 times faster.
- You can switch through your audio and video tracks and precisely edit them one frame at a time.
- You can adjust the colour tone of your video clips, dynamic range and adjust the white balance of your clips. You can also add Pan and Zoom movements to your clips and many more transition effects.
- The Audio mixture feature allows you to adjust audio of each individual track in your timeline. You can also detach audio from your video edit clip to separately edit it. It also has an inbuilt equalizer to fine-tune your audio tracks.
- It has an in-built screen recorder which will allow you to record the screen in your computer or mobile device. This feature can be helpful to create any education videos or demos.
- The Picture in Picture feature is a very cool technique to layer multiple video clips and create amazing effects.
- You can use the Green screen feature and create special effects using the Chroma Keys. You can also use the split screen to move two or more clips simultaneously.
- The text editing feature allows you to edit the colour, font and size of your text and also add animation effects to your titles and text.
- The video stabilization features helps to remove any shakes or distortions caused during video recording. You can also select from wide range of colour grading presets available inside the app.
- Some effects are not available with respect to text which could have been better. For example, there are no options to make the text move from right to left and to create shapes along with animation. Also you can’t make the shapes move while your video is running.
- Also there are no advanced options like adding 3D objects and custom animation to your video clips. There is no 360 degree video editing feature available in this software.
Filmora is amazing video editing software which is suitable for novice users and amateurs. But it lacks some advanced features like 360 degree video editing and custom animations which will be required by professionals. There are plenty of cool effects available in Filmora’s Effect store and they keep adding more effects every month. It has all the essential tools and any beginner can learn to use it easily.