In this article we will give you bullguard antivirus review. Bullgaurd is lesser known but fast growing company in Antivirus & Internet Security.
Tens of millions of users are already using BullGuard for safeguarding their PC and Internet activities from unwanted intrusion and unknown vulnerabilities. Existing BullGuard users will certainly get free upgrade to latest version of the antivirus software.
But latest version of BullGuard brings a couple of notable features that make the software more robust and pro-active(and not just reactive) against unknown exploits/malwares. Here’s a brief-up of the salient features that have been introduced in this version upgrade.
- Behavioral Detection of malwares: By tracking down early activity of suspicious programs, Bullguard catches 65% more malwares than traditional virus programs.
- Safe Browsing: While you’re browsing Internet, BullGuard flags any unsafe/suspicious website that come up in search results.
- Inspector: This is a feature that almost all existing Anti-virus solutions choose to ignore. Inspector flags all expired/outdated softwares installed on your machine and asks you to upgrade them to the latest available version. Although expired softwares may not have direct impact to your data/system, they often become a point of vulnerability, which eventually gets exploited by some hacker.
Another notable feature that only comes with BullGuard suite is Online data backup facility of upto 5GB of data. Most of the Antivirus companies don’t facilitate online data backup facility so BullGuard holds an edge in this regard.
After installing latest version of BullGuard security suite, (Over 120MB, relatively bulky suite) on my own system and digging into the menu for a while, here are my observations about the security suite…
- Although unconventional, the navigation menu and overall UI is quite User-friendly
- Contrary to many other Internet security softwares which eventually turn into disturbing & extremely intrusive protectors, this security suite works silently behind the scene and avoids bothering you every now and then.
- Contrary to its bulky file size(Over 120MB), the installed security suite doesn’t slow down/degrade system performance.
- During my first system scan through BullGuard, the software caught hold of 5 hidden malwares, which went untraceable during system scans through previously installed Anti-virus software.
Here’s a comprehensive list of features in BullGuard Internet Security 10 :
- Gaming Mode
- Social Media Protection
- Behaviour Detection
- Safe Browsing
- Password Protection
- 24/7 Live Support
BullGuard Internet Security suite is priced at $59.95 for a one-year, three-PC subscription with 5GB online backup. However, you can download the 60 days trial version at zero cost right away.