Note: This post has been guest authored by Yulia Zubova, who is an outreach specialist from Snov.io
It doesn’t matter who users are. Individuals and organizations alike still use email as their primary mode of communication. From 2018 through 2023, it is predicted that email usage will increase by at least 2-3 % every year. As a result, marketers should evaluate their email marketing strategy carefully. Because, no matter how effective a campaign is, it can be rendered useless if messages do not reach their target audience. An email validation, such as snov.io API, can help to reduce such a problem. But first, let’s define email validation before discussing how it can help digital marketers.
What Is Email Validation? How Does it Help?
Email validation is the process of determining whether an email address is valid and able to receive messages. Marketers want an email validation tool for various reasons, the most important of which is to verify the integrity of their distribution lists—this action aids in delivering emails and reducing bounce rates.
Users can perform the following checks with the help of an email validation tool:
- Correct errors made by users when entering their email addresses into forms. This also allows form owners to ensure that subscribers or consumers use no invalid addresses.
- The Email Verification API additionally double-checks if email addresses are correct in terms of syntax. It’s possible that addresses that don’t meet this condition represent a threat.
- The API also detects disposable email addresses. This is significant because it minimizes the chances of delivering messages to people who do not wish to read them and hence stop using the address (translating to a higher bounce rate and lower open rate).
- Email validation also prevents emails from being delivered to such “spam traps.” These fraud management technologies are used by major Internet service providers (ISPs) and blacklist owners to identify spammers and block them. While a spam trap may appear to be a legitimate email address, it does not belong to a real person and cannot send or receive messages.
- The Email Verification API also checks for associated mailboxes and mail exchanger data for email addresses. The absence of these might also result in hard bounces.
Email Validation – Must have tool for Marketer
In general, email validation is one method for marketers to ensure that their emails reach their intended recipients and ensure the success of their marketing campaigns. Here’s a summary of the advantages of email validation marketing:
1. Better ROIs
When emails are sent to addresses that do not exist, money is wasted. When you want to expand your business and reach more people, an email finder is crucial. For this, you can use snov.io email finder which allows you to collect email addresses: by domain, by company name, by person’s name, and company’s domain that has previously been published on the internet.
As a result, all marketing mailing lists must include validated email addresses. The Email Verification tool makes sure that each email address has a mailbox associated with it. This ensures that each message sent reaches the inbox of the designated recipient and has a chance of being read.
2. Customer Engagement
Customer engagement is essential for every business that wants to keep existing customers while also attracting new ones. One method to achieve this is to keep customers informed about product upgrades, new releases, sales, and other special offers. On the other hand, marketers must ensure that they are connecting with clients through the appropriate channel. They’ll be able to pick out invalid email addresses from their customer databases with email validation.
3. Email Deliverability
Email deliverability is critical for any successful marketer. High bounce rates are commonly linked to spam by ISPs and email service providers (ESPs). As a result, email marketers must reduce hard bounces to a bare minimum to avoid flagging as a spammer and hence prohibited. The Email Verification Service can help in the reduction of hard bounces, hence improving any user’s reputation as an email sender.
4. Accurate Customer Analysis
Marketing experts frequently examine email analytics to learn what works and what doesn’t. However, if the material they use contains misleading facts, they may draw misconceptions and conclusions. They could wind up with fake stats if, for example, they forget to remove invalid email addresses from their distribution lists and consider them as active subscribers. Email validation makes it easier to filter out incorrect email addresses from data processing, resulting in more valuable future efforts.
5. Higher Conversion Rates
Let’s face it: no matter how many email subscribers digital marketers have, their efforts are useless if none of them read and respond to their messages. By ensuring that only validated email addresses receive messages, email validation eliminates this problem. Marketers will be less likely to waste time on disposable or incorrect email addresses, as well as individuals who will never convert into customers. Snov.io’s email validation can assist marketers in getting rid of all invalid, fraudulent, abandoned, and disposable addresses from their distribution lists.