People share their lives through photos every day on Instagram. Get tips on how to block someone from seeing a picture on Instagram.
Instagram is the most popular online photo sharing platform on which you can upload and instantly share the pictures taken by from your Smartphone or digital camera. Photos can also be shared via popular social networking media like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and many more. Instagram boasts worldwide user base that runs in to millions. Such is the popularity of this photo sharing service.
In the virtual world like internet there are many rogue elements whose misdeeds are quite infamous. Amongst all sorts of assets of customers that are being hacked by these miscreants photos are the most misused properties. These photographs can be morphed by these troublemakers to create unnecessary ruckus and induce fear factor in to the innocent users. Hence users must be cautious while uploading the photos of self and family members.
It must be borne in mind by the users before uploading on net that anything that they share in public domain can be viewed by anyone. Though such public sharing gives immense sense of pride by attracting many likes and comments but that would remain as momentary till the offenders swing in to action.
If the any user wants to exercise some kind of control on the accessibility of their photos then they must read and understand the privacy and security settings provided by the service providers. At times, people want to upload the photos for their private use only and would not wish others to view them.
Here are the steps that can help you in preventing someone from accessing the photos uploaded in Instagram by you-
- Make your photograph “Private” if you want to restrict the viewers.
- To make a photograph Private, you have to turn on ‘Photos are private’ option.
- Go to your profile by tapping the icon on the Smartphone screen.
- Again tap on Edit My Profile that appears next to the picture of your profile.
- If you are using iPad or iPhone scroll down and tap on ‘Posts are private’ option.
- If you are an Android user, just put a check in the box which would be next to ‘Posts are private’ option.
Once you make the photos as Private, those who want to see your photos should send a request to follow your account. You have the power to either accept or deny the request. Thus you can protect the photographs from unauthorized usage.
Alternatively, you can exercise ‘Block’ option to stop the unwanted people from viewing the photos uploaded in public domain. Once you block a user, he/she cannot see the photos posted by you and also cannot search your Instagram account too. Following are the steps to be followed to block a user from accessing the photos:
- Tap on this icon and reach to the profile of the user whom you wish to block.
- Tap on an icon that appears on the right uppermost corner of the user’s profile.
- You would see Block or Unblock User option.
- Select Block for barring the user.
Thus ‘Block’ option makes your account and photos more secured and allow the photos to remain in public domain with limited access only. Thus you can safeguard the photographs from the misuses.
Hope this article about how do you block someone from seeing a Picture on Instagram helped you.
- Top Tips to Process eCommerce Sales Faster
- How to Post Multiple Pictures in Twitter
- 5 reasons to switch to optic fiber broadband
- USB Mass Access Storage Denied