Icon not only enhances interest but also adds emotions to your message. Learn here how to add Emoji icons to text messages in this article.
Many users of smart phones ask a question “how do I get the emoji icons in my text messages?” and the answer for this question is as simple as counting 1, 2 and 3. But before that is it not worthwhile to dig little deeper into the interesting story of how emoticons came in to life? Here is a small brief of the story of smiley icons.
Conversations are the primary channels of communication between two individuals. When it happens face to face, both the individuals can easily connect to the temper or tenor of each one’s verbal and body languages. This would become highly impossible in a virtual conversation particularly in text chats and messages. As there is no scope of seeing the emotions of the opposite person there are possibilities of misunderstanding the tone of the text.
In order to avoid such silly mistakes, internet designers have introduced the emoticons which represent various facial expressions that the internet user wish to convey to those with whom the online chatting is being held. The word ‘emoticons’ is portmanteau word that has been arrived at by combining two English words i.e. ‘emotion’ and ‘icons’.
Actually the concept of emoticons is not new but exists since late 19th century. In those days these were being used as part of Morse code to convey the feelings. Some of the smiley symbols that are in use now have been created as early as 1881 in an American fun magazine called ‘Punk.’
In the present context, creation of catchy and funny looking emoticons has become a prime time job for many. Emoji, which means emoticons in Japanese, is the most popular name in the online and mobile text message icons.
It is very easy to get them on your smart phone and all you need to do is to follow the below steps:
For iPhone, iPad and iTouch:
The users of the smartphones from Apple can follow the below simple steps:
- Download the Emoji app from Apple Stores and follow the below instructions.
- Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboard > Add New Keyboard
At this point add “Emoji” as the new keyboard. This would enable the usage Emoji emoticons in all text messages. These icons can be accessed by tapping the ‘globe’ icon that could be seen on the left side of the ‘Space’ bar.
For Other Android Smartphones
- Go to “App Store” and select “Search” option.
- Type “Emoji” and conduct the search.
- On the search list page, select Emoji app and tap on it.
- It would ask for installation. Proceed with the installation.
- Now follow the steps that are explained under “For iPhone, iPad and iTouch.”
- To insert Emoji icons, tap inside the text message that is being created and hold it for a while.
- Now select “Input Method” and choose “Emoji”.
Emoji icons apps are available in two categories i.e. (A) Free and (B) Paid. Users can chose the appropriate category and download the relevant app.
- Top 10 Ways to Boost your Wi-Fi Signal
- Technology Trends and Benefits For Seniors
- How to Turn on Cookies in Steam Browser